Distance Learning Student Schedule
8:00 - 9:00 BREAKFAST & CHORES
- After eating a healthy breakfast, students should help with household tasks, such as taking the trash out, wiping tables, washing dishes, etc.
9:00 - 11:00 CORE INSTRUCTION
Reading/Language Arts (9:00-10:00) Math (10:00-11:00)
- Teachers will provide instruction to students via their Dojo Class, Google Meet or other online platform. Students will be asked to show evidence of learning by uploading assignments to Dojo Portfolios, Google, & may also be asked to respond by uploading pictures or voice recordings to their teacher’s Dojo Class Story.
11:00 - 11:30 INDEPENDENT READING TIME
- Students should use this time to read and A.R. test.
- Staff members will routinely post passages that students may complete online.
11:30 - 12:30 LUNCH/ QUIET TIME
- ‘Grab & Go’ and ‘Meals on Wheels’ provided daily by McAllen ISD at specified locations.
- After lunch, students may take part in Silent Reading, Board Games, Art, Independent Research (GT: TPSP Project), Journaling, etc.
12:30 - 1:30 SPECIALS: Music, Library & PE
- Coach Flores, Mrs. Rivera, & Mr. Patino will post daily activities online.
- Mrs. Casas will post one counseling lesson weekly online.
1:30 - 2:30 DIGITAL LEARNING TIME (iPads)
- Students will work on Dream Box, 3,000, , , or other digital learning app, as assigned by teachers.
2:30 - 3:30 CORE INSTRUCTION: Science or Social Studies
- Teachers will provide instruction to students via their Class Dojo or Google Classroom post. Students will be asked to show evidence of learning by uploading assignments to Dojo Portfolios & may also be asked to respond by uploading pictures or voice recordings to their teacher’s Dojo Class.
*Teachers will be available during their regularly scheduled conference times and throughout the day to provide support and help answer any questions.